Insurance that addresses the errors and omissions (E&O) exposures of corporate counsel and their employer against alleged professional negligence in the scope of the legal services performed by the corporate counsel on behalf of their employer. The claims can range from
civil or criminal actions brought by regulators and agencies, to licensing actions
by state bar associations to damages sought as a result of legal services provided
to employees and others.
Benefits & Features
- Duty to defend a lawsuit regardless of how groundless or fraudulent.
- Demands for monetary, non-monetary relief or injunctive relief; suits, such as a civil proceeding or binding arbitration, administrative proceedings, such as a judicial, administrative or bar association licensure; or compliance with an act or agency and securities claims.
- Claims against the general counsel, corporate counsel, contract attorney, paralegals and clerical staff supporting legal services.
- Employment related claims arising out of reliance upon legal services of an in house counsel.
- Moonlight and pro bono legal services coverage is typically be available.